The Ultimate Edmonton Bathroom Renovation Guide
Posted on: 2023-02-06
Bathrooms are an important part of the home – they’re places we go to get clean, relax, and get ready for work.
They can also make a house look beautiful and bring life to a space that’s otherwise dull.
A bathroom is also one of the easiest rooms in which to update your home!
With the right fixtures, updated flooring, and new cabinets, you can completely transform this space.
Parabola Developments is here to help you plan the ultimate Edmonton bathroom renovation.
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know about remodeling your bathroom by covering everything from choosing new furniture to adding electrical upgrades:
Decide on Your Bathroom Renovation Budget
If you’re considering a bathroom renovation, you’ll want to know your options and the costs associated with each of them:
Figure Out What You Can Afford
The first step to figuring out your renovation budget is to figure out what you can afford.
If you’re planning on taking out a loan or refinancing your home, it’s important that the lender has an idea of how much money they’re lending you and what they are getting in return.
The lender will use this information as a guideline when deciding whether or not they want to provide financing for your project and at what rate.
If you plan on saving cash for the project or already have some cash saved, look at your income and expenses to determine how much you can afford for your bathroom renovation costs.
Determine the True Costs of Your Project
Before you even begin to think about what style of bathroom you want, it’s important to determine the true costs of your project.
This can be done by getting quotes from contractors, designers, and general contractors.
The first step is getting a quote from a contractor who can give an estimate of how much it will cost for them to complete the work on your behalf.
The second step is getting an estimate from a designer who can help come up with ideas for renovations and explain why certain changes are necessary (or not).
Finally, get an estimate from a general contractor so that they can give feedback regarding any repairs or replacements required before starting any renovations.
Be Realistic About Your Expectations
If you’re planning to renovate your bathroom, there are several things to consider:
- The cost of the project itself.
- How long it will take for your contractor and their team to complete their work.
- How much money they’ll charge per hour for their labor.
Finally, think about what kind of materials and fixtures you want to have installed in your new space.
In the end, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to spend a fortune on your bathroom renovation.
You can make small changes that will make a big difference in how you feel about your space and what it looks like.
In fact, sometimes simple improvements like repainting walls or installing new fixtures can go a long way toward making your bathroom feel more modern or luxurious than ever before!
Choose Your Bathroom Reno Materials
When it comes to your bathroom renovation in Edmonton, there’s a lot to consider when it comes to materials.
From fixtures to finishes, here are some ideas for your new bathroom:
Best Bathroom Vanities
Vanities come in many different materials, including wood, metal, and stone.
They can also be custom-made to fit your space and needs.
If you’re looking for something that will help make your bathroom feel more like a spa or resort, vanity tops are made of acrylic or marble-look tiles with beautiful patterns on them.
You can even get one with built-in lighting!
Some vanities have drawers for storage while others don’t – it depends on how much storage space you need as well as what style of vanity top suits your taste best.
Best Bathroom Flooring
When it comes to bathroom flooring, there are many options.
Hardwood flooring is a popular choice for bathrooms because it’s durable and easy to clean.
However, if you want something a little different from the norm, ceramic tile may be the way to go.
Ceramic tiles come in many different colors and styles, so they’ll match any decorating theme you may already have or plan on changing to.
They’re very easy maintenance and only need to be wiped down with a mild soap-water mixture every once and a while.
You can also choose vinyl or laminate flooring. Both of these materials are durable enough to withstand moisture in the bathroom environment while still being easy on your budget!
Bathroom Shower & Tub Installations
There are different materials you can choose for your shower and tub installations, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is an affordable material that is durable and lightweight. It’s also available in a wide range of colors and shapes. However, it can stain and mildew easily and crack over time.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a popular bathtub material that is durable and easy to clean, but it can be scratched (although the scratches can be buffed out).
- Marble: Marble tubs are expensive, and they can easily crack due to extreme temperature changes. However, as long as the gel coat finish is intact, they are durable and easy to maintain.
In order to determine which shower and tub installation is right for your Edmonton bathroom renovation, make sure you see it in person to check it out.
Choose a Bathroom Renovation Design
When it comes to your bathroom, you want a design that fits your lifestyle.
Whether you’re looking for something new and updated or just a few updates on the decor, there are lots of options out there.
Don’t Be Afraid to Think Outside the Box
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
If you’re going for something new and different, don’t let yourself get stuck in a rut.
Don’t be afraid to change things up and use colors or materials that are less conventional than what you might normally consider in your home.
Consider Your Lifestyle and How Much Time You Spend in the Bathroom
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your home.
It’s where you relax after a long day at work or simply unwind before bed.
If you spend a lot of time in this room, then it’s important that it reflects who you are as an individual but also be functional enough for whatever needs may arise during the day or night.
Do you need a bigger tub? More storage space? A more relaxing color palette?
These are all important questions to ask as you come up with bathroom renovation ideas.
What Do You Want From Your Bathroom?
Here are some questions to ask yourself when it comes to your bathroom renovation design:
- What do you want from your bathroom?
- Do you need it to be more functional or more beautiful?
- What does the room look like now? Are there any features that are especially outdated, such as an old bathtub or sink that no longer meets your needs?
Thinking about the overall function of your bathroom is crucial when it comes to bathroom renovation ideas.
Do You Want a New Look or Just to Update?
Do you want a new look or just to update? Do you want it to feel like a spa or more like an extension of your home?
Understanding how you want to change your bathroom is going to guide you through the process of coming up with both a budget and a design.
How to Make Your Bathroom Design Fit Your Space
Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas
If you have a small bathroom, then you know what it’s like to be cramped for space.
However, there are many renovations ideas that can turn your tiny space into something functional and beautiful:
- Add Storage: You can add additional storage to your bathroom in a number of ways, including wall shelves, cabinets, and medicine cabinets over your sink.
- Install a Pedestal Sink: Pedestal sinks are a great way to save space and open up your small bathroom. They’re also very stylish and easy to clean.
- Replace the Shower Curtains with Sliding Glass Doors: Sliding glass doors allow more light into the bathroom and shower area to create a sense of more space. They are also easy to clean, more durable, and more energy efficient than curtains.
- Make Space for a Larger Mirror: To make your bathroom feel larger, install a larger mirror on the wall to reflect light and open up the space.
Large Bathroom Renovation Ideas
If you have a large bathroom space, there are many bathroom renovation ideas you can go with!
Here are some ways you can take advantage of a larger space:
- Install a Vanity Countertop: A vanity countertop with plenty of drawers and storage can help you keep everyone’s belongings organized and out of sight.
- Use a Large Shower or Bathtub: If you have the space, you can install both a shower stall and a large bathtub (such as a corner tub or jetted tub) to create the ultimate space to relax.
- Unique Lighting: When you have a large space, you can get really creative with your lighting. Consider decorative lamps or even simple chandeliers in your bathroom!
- More Storage: Since you have the space, why not install more storage? You can include towel racks, corner shelves, and toilet shelves in your bathroom renovation design.
Adding an Additional Bathroom
Bathroom renovations in Edmonton don’t always involve changing an existing bathroom – you can also add a new one to your home!
As long as you have the space and budget, you can add an additional bathroom.
Even if you don’t have enough space to add a full bathroom, you can always add a half bathroom or ensuite:
Adding a Half Bathroom
Did you know that a half bathroom can be as small as 3’ by 5’ of space?
A half bathroom is a bathroom that contains a sink and toilet but can also include a small shower and tub.
It’s a great way to add an additional toilet and sink to your home, whether you want to accommodate guests or have a bathroom close by on your main level.
Closets and portions of existing rooms make great areas to add a half bathroom to your home.
Adding a Full Bathroom
Not everyone has the space to add an entirely new bathroom to their home – but if you have a spare room or spare space in your home, you can add a full bathroom.
This is a great option for growing families who need more bathroom space.
Adding a full bathroom is a huge undertaking and involves installing brand-new plumbing to accommodate the fixtures.
Adding an Ensuite
An ensuite bathroom is a bathroom that is typically connected to the master bedroom of your home. If you have a small space adjacent to your bedroom, you can add an ensuite!
If you plan on adding an ensuite to your home, think about the space you have and how you will fit in the necessary fixtures (toilet, sink, and shower).
You can save space by using a corner sink, corner shower, or a toilet with a sink built-in.
Do a Bathroom Remodel Right the First Time!
We hope that the information in this guide will help you to make the right choices when it comes time for your next bathroom remodel.
From selecting fixtures and finishes to plumbing and electrical upgrades, it’s important to cover all of the bases, so you don’t have to worry about missing anything important.
And the best way to cover all of your bases is to hire a professional.
So if you’re searching for “professionals who can do bathroom renovations near me,” look no further!
Parabola Developments is here to create the bathroom of your dreams.