SPLURGE OR SAVE: Bathroom Renovations
Posted on: 2016-02-01
Bathrooms are a unique renovation project: they are just as much about function as they are about style. We spend a lot of time in bathrooms, so looks are important– but the essentials still need to work reliably. Parabola Development’s quick-reference guide below will introduce you to the different ends of the bathroom renovation spectrum.
- Avoid expensive stones and tile;
- Splurge on non-slip materials and textures;
- Save on high-traffic accessories (ie: bath mats);
- Spend your savings extra on heated floors.
CABINETS & COUNTERTOPS
- Save on custom work, buy pre-fabricated;
- Splurge on quality hardware such as “no slam” hinges;
- Choose affordable, easy-to-clean materials;
- Spend your savings on highlights and a backsplash.
FAUCETS & FIXTURES
- Invest in reliable, high-quality products;
- Avoid overly complicated or flashy models;
- Choose a finish that is resilient and easily cleaned;
- Always ensure the interior and seals are also high quality.
SINKS & TUBS
- Standard sizes and styles are always the most affordable;
- Exotic shapes and placement can limit resale value or lead to costly repairs;
- Expensive materials may require special cleaning or damage easily;
- Invest your savings in personal touches like spa jets in the tub or a “rainfall-style” showerhead.
The above lists are just general strategy when planning your bathroom renovation. There are so many choices, it can be overwhelming to go it alone– that’s why there are the experts at Parabola Developments! Visit or contact us today for a friendly consultation and quote, customized to your needs.